Sunday 22 January 2012

Auto Wala in Bangalore

     I am not a politician, nor am I a spiritual person or a religious fundamentalist. . My comments are purely based on  my observations around me and my time. I have not heard it from anyone and they are my first hand experiences.  I have not read any Islamic books nor i have many muslim friends.  The below pics is fictitious.

   Travelling in Bangalore in Auto Riksha has it caveats. You can improve your negotiation skill and also discover new depth  humans can stoop to. You are not surprised to see autoriksha drivers asking, begging, demanding for extra money, sometimes double for their fairs. But i have observed that Muslim auto walas do not do that.  Why ?? Don't they live in the same misery as their counterparts.  They have probably equal number of mouths to feed.   I have seen so many of such instances , that Muslim autowalas not charging extra .  I believe in them so much that nowadays if i travel in auto , i wish i get a Muslim autowala.

Yesterday i lost my HTC Mozart ( worth Rs 30,000) in the auto and was depressed for most of the weekend.  I even tried to cheer myself by looking for a new phone.  I chose HTC Titan :).  But back of the mind i always had an intuition , that the autowala will come and return my phone.  I kept my colony gatekeepers informed that you might see an autowalal come with a phone.   But what the heck.  Probability of getting my smart phone back was 1 in 100.  My reason for hope was because the autowala was Muslim.  And guess what i got the phone back.  The driver used my Sim and contacted my friend and eventually my phone was with me.   Can you believe my Luck. I will send sweets to him on the occasion of Eid.

My thoughts on it.....  No religion teaches to cheat others.  Why do i see only Muslim drivers so honest.  Religious belief , ritual, teaching have actually social , ecenomic, political , terrestial  reasons behind it. What i mean is that all throughout the past centuries, religion was a way to solve social, economic and political issues.

  Like, my mother tell me not to whistle in night. Now she say that it will bring bad luck.   Not sure if it is superstition or one of such  hindu religious belief that 21 century person cannot relate to.   What is think is that Indian for most part was a jungle. In a jungle there are many nocturnal animals roaming around and whistling can attract them.  You see , probably this practice came from there.

Muslims were primarily from middle east regions and those areas are really Arid.  Now one of the most nutritious food around there was dates.  So obviously having dates is important for people in those areas. Now this is what is think.. the priest saw that importance of dates should spread for the right reason.  Somehow this practice got include in their religious practice.  I now from television that when they break thier fast or in the whole month of Ramzan then eat a lot of dates.

Now this one is really funny.  Why do we use so many flowers and so many milk in a religious rituals. Probably the priests who designed these practices wanted the milkman, farmer with cows and flower man to be in business.

here is one think i found lately. like these days our chief ministers make Software park to generate revenue.  get the local people job and eventually make them happy.  Same way centuries back, Kings in india use to make temples. Temples are like economic zones. This is what i feel. There is so much employment around temples. these days it starts from parking tickets, paying to keep our chappals, buying flower and prasads and ending up with some snacks outside the temple.  See.  if i were a minister,  i will make few temples to keep people busy and happy. 

Will complete later. .....

No comments:

Post a Comment